1.20.2011

and My own two hands will comfort you tonight, tonight.

Life is a journey, not a sprint. I'm not sure who first spoke those words, but I'm sure they were speaking to a girl with a brain and heart like mine.

I'm an end-game chick, I read books with a vengeance to find out what happens. I love the happily ever afters and I love the time at Christmas when all the gifts have been opened and there are no more secrets.

But life is a mystery, and Rome wasn't built in a day. I have to remind myself of this daily, almost minute to minute, really. My relationship with Him will not develop rapidly overnight and my success and progress in life won't either. It's the little steps that get me where I want to be. And even when I'm "there", wherever "there" may be for me right now, I know I'll be striving for yet another seemingly distant destination of imagined contentment.

Life moves at a quick pace, it never stops for anyone. We're always growing and changing and evolving. And thank goodness! It'd be quite boring if we were the same all the time.

"You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner.

You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single second of every single day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind until there is nothing left to do but explode. There are no wrong answers. Inspiration is everything. Sit back, relax and take it all in.

Now, go out and create something."
-- Jac Vanek

1 comment:

  1. How to you contact Jac Vanek about her quote,
    "you are the books you read..."

    ReplyDelete